Issue: № 5/3, 2020
Introduction. The chain of change that is currently shaking the world and caused by the pandemic requires from organizations to adapt quickly and take anti-crisis measures.
The purpose of the paper is to systematize and supplement the methods and tools of change management.
Results. In the article the possibility and necessity of change management in unpredictable environmental conditions are investigated. Change management is defined as a type of management activity within the management system of the organization, aimed at managing the transition of the organization to new operating conditions, which allows to realize the greatest potential of the organization in the dynamics of environmental change. Classifications of change management methods, which in the conditions of formation of self-learning organizations, are proposed and supplemented by methods of organizational training and methods of formation of organizational culture. The classification of methods and tools of change by the nature of impact, by the timing of implementation, by the objects of change, depending on the model of the enterprise are systematized and by methods of organizational culture management and organizational training methods depending on the training cycle and object are supplemented.
Conclusion. The research summarizes the following results: methodological foundations of change management require a wide range of methods and tools, which will be constantly expanded, due to significant changes in the external environment and the emergence of a new type of organizations that become effective in such an environment. Therefore, it is advisable to supplement the methods of change management with methods of organizational learning and methods of managing organizational culture. This combination of methods realizes the possibilities of regulating change management, while methods of organizational culture management and methods of organizational learning offer a slow result, but have a significant impact on the organization, providing change at a deeper level.
Keywords : changes, change management, method, tool, organizational culture, organizational learning, self-learning organization
1. French W.L., Bell C.H. Organization Development: Behavioral Science Interventions for Organization Improvement. Prentice Hall, 1998. 360 p.
2. Alyabina Ye.А. Russian and west approach to the concept of organizational development. Herald of NSU. Series: Social and Economic Sciences. 2011. Vol. 11. Issue 1. pp. 105-117 (in Russian)
3. Beckhard R. Organization development: strategies and models. Addison-Wesley, 1969. 119 p.
4. Vihanskiy O.S., Naumov A.I. Management. Moscow: The Economist, 2006. 670 p. (in Russian)
5. Change management / О.Ye. Kuzmin et.al. Lviv: Publishing house of “Lvivska Politekhnika”, 2014. 356 p. (in Ukrainian)
6. Doroshuk G.A., Gratsiotova G.O. Proactive Change Management: Approaches and Tools. Economical Journal of Odesa polytechnic University. 2018. № 2 (4). pp. 30-39.
7. Doroshuk H. The Role of Organizational Culture in Management System Innovation (the case of Ukraine). Innovation and innovative processes in business, public administration and educational organizations: Proceedings of the 9th International Research Conference “Management Challenges in the 21st Century (Bratislava, April 27, 2017). Bratislava, 2017. pp. 324-330.